COVID Convalescent Plasma (CCP) Definition: Convalescent plasma treatment is the transfusion of plasma from someone who has recovered from infection to someone suffering from it, in the hopes that the passive transfer of antibodies will help the patient fight off the infection.
An individual must have had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis via confirmed lab test to be eligible to donate.
· Potential donors must have had COVID-19 during the previous six months.
· Potential donors must be symptom-free for at least 14 days prior to donation to qualify to donate.
· Potential donors who have been vaccinated may donate if they received the vaccine after their COVID-19 recovery.
· MEDIC will not be collecting convalescent plasma from community members who may have had a previous infection and believe that they had COVID-19 earlier this year or late last year.
· MEDIC is not a healthcare provider and does not provide a coronavirus test.
· MEDIC will perform antibody testing on CCP donations only. There is no blood center testing that MEDIC can do to confirm immunity to COVID-19 from an unknown past infection.
· MEDIC can collect COVID Convalescent Plasma through Plasmapheresis or through whole blood donation. The donation type will be determined when the appointment is scheduled.
· All donors will need to complete the attestation form, return that to MEDIC, undergo an initial pre-screening, and once confirmed as a potential donor, will be allowed to donate by appointment-only.
· Donors must be healthy and feeling well at the time of their donation.
Please click here to complete the paperwork required for donating CCP and click here to complete a CCP attestation form. All CCP donations are by appointment only. Please call 865-521-2682 to schedule your appointment.