Email resumes to email@example.com
Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends as needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all blood collection processes on donors to enhance the well being of our community by providing safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Medic’s safety guidelines and AABB standards.
- Perform all aspects of blood collection of donors, included but not limited to: maintaining high customer service, verifying all information of donor, drawing blood, and performing aftercare of the donor.
- Evaluate potential donor’s eligibility by verification of vein status in both antecubital areas.
- Perform sterile scrub and venipuncture.
- Verify correct identification of donor and recheck donor information forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform post phlebotomy care, proper disposition of unit, and give post-care instructions to each donor.
- Ability to understand and promote all aspects of Medic donor programs, including but not limited to: Medic membership and types of donations
- Ensure all quality standards are upheld by following all policies of Medic, Medic’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), state regulations and AABB
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality
- Continuously develop skill sets with attending any of the following: education programs, in-service training, and seminars.
- Ability to cross train and perform functions of screeners/ interviewers.
- Adheres to MEDIC’s Customer Service Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.