Email resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends as needed
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide safe travel for our mobile staff and a comprehensive and customer oriented screening of all donors to enhance the well being of our community by providing safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Medic’s safety guidelines, AABB standards and OSHA regulations.
- Operate mobile buses in accordance with DOT regulations and TN State laws.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs.
- Perform required before, during and after “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Verify correct identification of donor, accurately complete donor information form and obtain informed consent.
- Perform all necessary screening functions included but not limited to:
- Screening/interviewing of donors through regulated questionnaire
- Obtain pulse count, blood pressure, temperature and perform hematocrit level test for physical eligibility requirements
- Complete proper consultation with designated personnel to finalize eligibility assessment
- Correct assessment of donor eligibility to donate including explanation of deferral if required.
- Consistently perform self checks of documentation for errors and omissions related to the eligibility requirements.
- Assist with maintenance of donor files, and orientation and training of new personnel.
- Ability to understand and promote all aspects of Medic donor programs, including but not limited to: Medic membership and types of donations.
- Ensure all quality standards are upheld by following all policies of Medic, Medic’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), state regulations and AABB standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Continuously develop skill sets with attending any of the following: education programs, inservice training, and seminars.
High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
Must have CDL license, class B or higher with Air Brake endorsement. At least 1 year experience with large truck/ RV/ School Bus. Basic computer experience; familiar with Microsoft office suite. Prefer health care experience.